I hope and pray you all had a wonderful summer. We will kick off our Confirmation Year with a Mandatory Informational Meeting on Sunday, September 10th, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. This meeting is for both candidates and parents (Please plan for at least one parent/guardian to attend). Light snacks/refreshments will be provided.
Some questions to ask yourself are:
Are you in high school? Do you want to learn and grow in your faith? Do you want to have fun while doing so? If so, we invite you to consider joining the confirmation process at OMGC.
Confirmation is a two-year process for teens, which includes their parents and sponsors, that prepare them to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Teens typically begin the Confirmation process at OMGC during their freshman year in high school and receive the Sacrament during the Easter Season of their sophomore year; however, any teen in high school may participate in the process during their high school years.
Our catechetical sessions (classes) take place 2-3 times a month on Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the St. Augustine Center.
· New Families Informational Meeting @ 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
· Returning Families Informational Meeting @ 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
What we will be covering at the meeting:
• Filling out the new registration form
• Together we will go over expectations/guidelines/fees
• Prayer/Reflection for parents and teens
• & Interview sign-up times
• You will receive the calendar for the year
I also invite you to spread the news about our Family Info Session. Tell your family, friends, or whoever is interested in our Confirmation program!